SuperTux Gameplay Video…
SuperTux is a free and open-source two-dimensional platform game published under the GNU General Public License. The game was originally created by Bill Kendrick and is maintained by the SuperTux Development Team.
The game was inspired by the Nintendo Super Mario Bros. series. Instead of Mario, the hero in this game is Tux, the mascot of the Linux kernel.
At this stage of development, that the developers call Milestone1, SuperTux launched with 9 types of enemies, 26 playable levels, with possibility of rendering with OpenGL or software, also have the ability to configure the keyboard and joystick, and with new music and improved graphics .
All these new improvements and additions to the game were the result of work done for the event of “Game of the Month of March” performed by happypenguin.org website.
The latest release (0.3.5a) Brought the following improvements over earlier versions:
– Move to SDL2 for graphics rendering
– Glow effects
– New badguys: iceflame, ghostflame, livefire, goldbomb, smartblock
– New bonuses: coinrain, coinexplode
– Statistics improved
– Icy island levels tweaked
– New sounds
– Massive improvements to localization
– Efficiency tweaks
– Menus reworked
– Addon manager improved
– New tilemap: halloween
– New powerups: air- and earth-flower
– Support for horizontal gradients in levels (add (direction “vertical|horizontal”) to your level)
– A 64 bit Windows installer